Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Why Send Flowers?

I
"Rules to live by. Take a lady flowers. Or a flower even, if it's a great one." Dita Von Teese @ditavonteese
Guys, I know a lot of you are nervous about ordering flowers.  Maybe you're nervous about entering the unfamiliar territory of a flower shop.  Maybe you're worried about the cost. Maybe you're worried you won't choose the "right thing". It may be the case that you simply don't see the value in sending fresh flowers. Wouldn't something a little more practical be a better idea? Maybe, but let me tell why you should send flowers.

Because women like to get flowers. 

That's it guys! It's not a big secret, it's not complicated. Women like to receive flowers as a gift. They don't care that flowers aren't "useful". They don't care that the flowers won't last forever. The fact that flowers exist for their own sake and will eventually wilt actually makes it an even more meaningful gift. 

Think about it. Because they only last a short time, flowers are a pure luxury item, even beyond something like jewelry. When you give flowers, there's no expectation that you are going to personally experience the value of that gift. Flowers are for her and only her. Flowers give a tremendous positive emotional jolt that she will remember for a very long time. 

Take a minute to look at this article about flowers. "Men (who send flowers)...come across as more emotionally intelligent; they give the impression they can effectively express their feelings and take time to understand the feelings of others." That's a powerful message to send to your special someone.  

Look at what this guy says about his failed relationship. This woman was generous enough to give him a numbered list of the things he did wrong. Look at what she said for number three:

"I didn't pay enough attention, didn't give her flowers, didn't care enough about her." 

Do you see how sending flowers would have instantly solved all three of those problems? 

If he had sent flowers, do you think she would have felt like he was paying attention? If he had sent flowers, do you think she would have felt cared for? Flowers communicate all of those things by themselves.

I don't want to sound cynical, but I want to express this in a way that men will understand:

Flowers are an easy win. They're a no-brainer. You don't have to perform some amazing feat. You can express feelings you don't have the words for, just by sending flowers. 

I talk to a lot of women in the flower shop every day. The number of women that I talk to that wish their husbands would send them flowers is absolutely staggering. The number of women I talk to every single day that have NEVER received flowers blows my mind. 

Guys, do you realize that if you send a woman flowers it could very likely be the first time she's EVER gotten flowers? Do you realize how much of an impact your gift of flowers could have on her? 

You don't know. I know you don't know. That's why I'm telling you. 

Flowers don't pay in physical value. They pay, long term, with interest, in emotional value in a way that no other gift can, no matter how extravagant.

Next time I'm going to share a fool proof system designed to help guys who want to order flowers, but have no idea what they're doing. I hope you join me.

Continue to "I want to send flowers, I have no idea what I'm doing" How to Send Flowers Like A Boss

No comments:

Post a Comment