Saturday, January 12, 2013
• Gladiolus – it’s a great looking winter flower with a great scent.
• Winter daphne – This shrub blooms with tiny little clusters of flowers.
• Helleborus or Christmas rose – The Lenten rose family comes in many colors, including green, burgundy, and pink. It blooms between mid-November and April.
• Cyclamen – this bright flower blooms in the late fall in pink and white.
• Kaffir lilies – this bright red or pink flower looks great in your winter arrangements
• Witch hazel – it’s used for medicinal purposes, but this plant also features orange or yellow flowers during the mid-winter.
• Snowdrops - these small, white flowers bloom on stems that often force their way up through the snow.
• Poinsettia – yes, it’s a great Christmas flower, but you can also decorate with it all winter long.
These are just a few of the beautiful winter flowers out there. Check out some of the winter flower arrangements available in Springfield, OH.