Friday, June 28, 2013
• Have a cook out.
• Buy a volleyball net and invite friends over for a game.
• If it’s too hot to be outdoors, have a movie marathon (watch “Independence Day”).
• Go out to one of the different Fourth of July firework displays.
• Attend a concert. Many large venues hold Fourth of July concerts.
• Have a picnic for dinner. You can sit outdoors after you eat and watch fireworks go off
• If there’s a lake nearby, take a day trip to swim, fish, and enjoy playing around in the water.
• If you’re getting together with friends to watch or shoot off your own fireworks, you might want to spend the morning baking treats. You can get your kids involved and make it a fun family event.
• Organize a Fourth of July block party. Have your neighbors over for burgers and hot dogs. The kids can get involved and have their own Fourth parade using their bikes and wagons.
• Visit a war memorial or museum and think about those who have lost their lives guaranteeing our freedoms.
Don’t forget to decorate indoors with some great Fourth of July flowers in Springfield, OH.